2014-11-17

“You do not need to seek freedom in a different land, for it exists with your own body, heart, mind, and soul.”


This year I came back to Helsinki.

I got a job in the headquarters of a big stock company. I got a proper salary. I got a title and I got coworkers with titles like Corporate Marketing Manager and Design Manager and Strategic Planner. Then I got bored with my job and my dresscode and my life and I tried to make it all better by thinking about what Eckhart Tolle says:


"Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.”

So I went back to what matters the most: breathing. 

I breathed through boring meetings. I breathed through Twitter statistics. I breathed through friendships going through what seemed to be their last motions. I breathed through evenings that felt lonely. I breathed through Summer changing into Autumn and finally into the early stages of Winter.

And here I am now, waiting for another big change like I always do. I've now seen Helsinki, Copenhagen and London.

Now it's going to be Bairro Alto in Lisbon for the next ten months and trying to finally learn what the title states, as B. K. Iyengar has been trying to teach me for the past six months:

"You do not need to seek freedom in a different land, for it exists with your own body, heart, mind, and soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment